Assistant to the President
About American Promise
At American Promise, we believe that all people are created equal, that freedom is the unbreakable aspiration of humankind and each of us, and that responsibility for ensuring the conditions for the survival of equality and freedom, and for a thriving society, is ours and every American’s.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of national projects: amending the US Constitution.
The For Our Freedom Amendment authorizes limits and regulation of money used to influence local, state, and/or federal elections. American Promise unites Americans in advocacy for the Amendment to combat systemic corruption and protect our voice, votes, communities, and future. We empower people in all 50 states to connect, learn, act and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states, and networks to ensure we pass this amendment. By working together—across party lines and city limits—we can make our belief a reality. We also lead and partner in specific state campaigns to advance our constitutional amendment: 22 states have taken formal action to support the amendment, with six winning state ballot initiatives among them.
Position: Assistant to the President
Reporting to: Jeff Clements, President
Location: Remote hybrid; Concord, MA office.
The Assistant to the President will work and report directly to the president of American Promise. The Assistant will be accountable for performing several administrative duties. The Assistant serves as a point of contact for the President. The Assistant will coordinate with the Board of Directors and senior management team and help support special projects when needed. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
This is a full-time position.
- Scheduling and calendar management for both American Promise and personal business
- Correspondence and related communications with donors/partners/civic & political leaders
- Preparation of materials, folders, leave-behinds, and prep notes for meetings in Congress, state legislatures, and donors.
- Organization and online filing and data management
- Preparation of documents & coordination for board/executive/partner meetings
- Task management for both American Promise and personal business
- Travel coordination
- Represent/screen/correspond as directed
- Track, maintain, update contacts
- Back up admin support for other departments
- Timekeeping for API/APEF for the president
- Coordination with staff and operations
- 3+ years experience in a similar position in a business or non-profit setting
- 1+ years experience using Google Suite products, MS Office including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- A commitment to the American Promise mission, goal, and values
- Highly organized and can prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity, and a dedication to uniting people of widely different backgrounds and political views in pursuing a common goal
- Demonstrate and value integrity, sound judgment, adaptability, reliability, collaboration, investment in learning, and a sense of humor
- Comprehension of diverse business functions and principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
Compensation And Benefits
- $45k to $55k, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance (medical)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax transit, health, and dependent care benefits
- Paid three weeks of vacation, 13 holidays, and 5 personal/sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Passionate, sociable, and inclusive work environment.
American Promise believes in the tapestry of humanity that is our nation. We strive to build a team that amplifies and celebrates the diversity and unity of the American experience. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants who believe in that same vision are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit americanpromise.applytojob.com.