Position: Communications Specialist
Location: Remote, permanently
American Promise was launched with a commitment to bring together three essential elements to counter the damage to America caused by the concentrated political power of billionaires, global corporations, the biggest unions and special interests, even foreign governments, spending money to dominate the debate and influence our election outcomes.
First, we need a constitutional solution. America has to restore the Constitutional principle that every American has a free speech right, a right to be heard and represented.
Second, we have a winning strategy and a dedicated organization that unites the country. An amendment to the U.S. Constitution is one of the hardest things Americans do. It takes patience, consensus, and hard work.
Third, we value honesty and transparency. Our plan requires commitment, resources, and the patience and grit to see it through. We disclose our donors. We talk straight and on the level. We are cross-partisan and take pride in that.
Americans love a big challenge when everything is on the line and only a mighty effort can save the day. And with this challenge, it’s the same: millions of Americans have responded—from every region, state, and background. Our progress so far has been beyond anyone’s wildest expectations.
We have a clear mission. We have a clear call to service. We have a clear opportunity to unite, heal, and renew our country. The time is now. Join us at American Promise.
American Promise is looking for a Communications Specialist to join our growing Communications and Digital team to help manage our external and internal communications.
As part of the Communications and Digital Team, you will play an instrumental role in driving earned media, brand awareness, and an increasing understanding and support for the For Our Freedom Amendment. You will be responsible for managing different communications workstreams in the organization, including outside agencies, internal earned media programs, cataloging press hits across the company, preparing reporter backgrounders, as well as an internal communications function.
The position is full-time, 40-hours per week, with occasional nights and weekends. Some travel to various states is occasionally expected for company retreats and conferences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with team to develop effective communication strategies
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Work with surrogates and supporters to prepare them for media appearances
- Collaborate with outside communications agencies
- Catalog press hits nationwide
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a communications specialist
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate w/experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax transit, health and dependent care benefits
- Paid four weeks vacation, 13 holidays, and personal/sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Passionate, sociable, and inclusive work environment
- Submit your resume, cover letter and any work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Promise is building a movement to win passage of a federal constitutional amendment to allow Congress or the states to reasonably regulate and limit campaign contributions. Our national campaign is focused on “reducing money in politics” – now a top issue for almost all Americans, regardless of party or political preference. We empower people in all 50 states to connect, learn, act and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states, and networks.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of national projects: amending the US Constitution. Come make history with us!
American Promise celebrates the freedom and diversity of our nation. American Promise team members are service-oriented and have demonstrated experience in volunteer, civic, military, or other forms of service to the country and our people. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect and share this vision.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com