About American Promise
American Promise is building a nonpartisan movement to empower, inspire and mobilize Americans to win passage of a federal Constitutional amendment to end systemic corruption and limit the influence of money in elections – now a top issue for almost all Americans, regardless of party or political preference. Our Amendment will strengthen free speech rights for all Americans, protect elections from foreign influence and systemic corruption, restore the relationship of elected representatives to their constituents and the interests of their States and districts, strengthen federalism by enabling the States to decide what works best, and reverse the political dysfunction and collapse in civic trust in America. Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of national projects: amending the US Constitution.
The Development Coordinator will partner with the Development team to ensure excellent donor stewardship, the delivery of carefully planned events and expansion of our individual donor pool. The position is full-time, 40-hours per week with occasional nights and weekends.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Research and coordinate all logistics for development events, including venue, catering and rentals.
- Coordinate all materials needed for development events.
- Work closely with volunteer hosts of development events to ensure their requests are met.
- Manage records of all event invitees and track follow-up communications.
- Maintain up to date records for individual donors to include all communications, volunteer outreach, event attendance and meeting participation.
- Ongoing review of lists for accuracy to include regular updates to records.
- Pull and organize specific reports to ensure best use of data.
- Use data analysis to inform and direct fundraising plants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of mid-level donors and prospects through personalized outreach.
- Compile detailed donor profiles to inform donor engagement.
- Connect with donors and prospects through attendance at select American Promise fundraising events. Support follow up with clear plans of engagement.
- Prepare written content for follow up with prospective funders and fundraising leadership. Draft regular updates for the donor community around momentum and emerging opportunities.
- Oversee acknowledgement process to include both letters and thank you calls.
- Manage mid level donor renewal program, including oversight of timeline, coordination across departments and with mailhouse.
Candidates should have a passion for the internal workings of organizational management and developing efficient, effective systems and processes that help staff succeed in their jobs with an interest in developing external donor engagement skills. Candidates should be highly organized, detail-oriented and adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. Candidates should be trustworthy, collaborative and bring a sense of humor.
- A sincere commitment to and excitement for the American Promise mission, goal, and values
- 1+ years’ experience in fundraising or role with transferable skills
- 1+ years’ experience in data management and Salesforce or an equivalent CRM system
- Experience coordinating event logistics
- Experience communicating with and building relationships with co-workers
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with external constituents
- Ability to proactively identify and solve or propose solutions to problems
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- The ideal candidate is located in Massachusetts with the ability to work 1-2 days per week in the Concord, MA office. A fully remote schedule will be considered for the right candidate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $50k – 55k, commensurate with experience
- This position is hybrid with an opportunity to work in Concord, MA for a select number of days
- Professional development opportunities
- Health insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax health and dependent care benefits
- Paid 4 weeks vacation, 13 holidays, and personal/sick days
- Passionate, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please use Development Coordinator in the subject line. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
American Promise celebrates the freedom and diversity of our nation. American Promise team members are service-oriented and have demonstrated experience in volunteer, civic, military, or other forms of service to the country and our people. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect and share this vision.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org