HR Talent Director
American Promise is building a movement to win passage of a federal constitutional amendment to allow Congress or the states to reasonably regulate and limit campaign contributions. Our national campaign is focused on “reducing money in politics” – now a top issue for almost all Americans, regardless of party or political preference. We empower people in all 50 states to connect, learn, act and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states, and networks.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of national projects: amending the US Constitution. Come make history with us!
The HR Talent Director will be responsible for helping to attract, develop and retain our growing staff. We are poised to scale rapidly and are looking for a professional to help build our team and the people-related infrastructure to support dramatic growth. This role requires a hands-on project management and execution, (“no task too small”) approach, as well as the ability to create longer-term systems and processes. We want AP to be a great place to work, where people are challenged to do their best, and where everyone can contribute toward our ambitious mission.
If you have HR experience, enjoy developing great teams, and are passionate about our purpose, this could be an exciting next step in your career!
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as required:
- Build the HR function in a start-up culture, including the systems and infrastructure in support of rapid organizational growth.
- Create and implement an efficient talent acquisition strategy tailored for our mission and growth trajectory.
- Manage the full cycle of our recruiting efforts, including the messaging, materials development, sourcing, candidate communication and systems upkeep.
- Implement Applicant Tracking System and other HR information systems as needed.
- Oversee employee performance management and development process; provide day-to-day performance management coaching to supervisors; develop processes and tools to ensure staff and supervisors deliver/receive ongoing, timely, and actionable feedback.
- Support DEI efforts to build a thriving team with various backgrounds and strengths.
- Develop and implement HR policies.
- Analyze HR data, ask critical questions to interpret the data, and support root cause analysis. Communicate analysis to organizational leaders.
- Strategize with leadership around optimal organization structure.
- Help create a people-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, excellence, inclusion, productivity, standards, and goal attainment.
- A sincere commitment to and excitement for the American Promise mission, goal, and values.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in HR management, with an emphasis on talent development/recruiting.
- Strong computer skills; experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and other relevant HR tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and execution.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and initiator, working both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Professionalism in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- A growth mindset towards professional development and openness to feedback.
- Excel in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate and value integrity, reliability, sound judgment, maturity, a commitment to learning, and a sense of humor.
Benefits / Perks:
- $100K – $120K commensurate with experience
- Paid 4 weeks’ vacation, 13 holidays, and personal/sick days.
- Health insurance (medical/dental/vision).
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax health and dependent care benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Passionate, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
- This position is full-time.
- The ideal candidate is located in MA with the ability to work 1-2 days per week in the Concord, MA office. A fully remote schedule will be considered for the right candidate.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: https://hilbgroup.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0x5m9?source=
Please put “HR Talent Director” in the subject line. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
American Promise celebrates the freedom and diversity of our nation. American Promise team members are service-oriented and have demonstrated experience in volunteer, civic, military, or other forms of service to the country and our people. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect and share this vision.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit hilbgroup.hire.trakstar.com.