State Campaign Manager – Wisconsin
About American Promise
American Promise is leading a fast-growing, service-oriented national campaign to pass and ratify the For Our Freedom Amendment to the United States Constitution. The amendment is intended to repair the relationship between elected representatives and their constituents by empowering Congress and the States to reduce the influence of money in politics – now a top issue for nearly all Americans, regardless of party or political preference. American Promise is expanding its proven state-based strategy to unite Americans to solve this urgent crisis.
The For Our Freedom Amendment will:
- strengthen free speech rights for all Americans;
- protect elections from foreign influence and systemic corruption;
- restore the relationship of elected representatives to their constituents and the needs of their States and districts;
- strengthen federalism by enabling the States to decide what works best and;
- reverse the collapse in civic trust that is eroding our freedom.
Our staff, board, Advisory Council, thousands of supporters and millions of Americans who have participated in American Promise campaigns come from across the political spectrum. We are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents; Navy Admirals, Army Colonels, and combat veterans; experienced politicians from both major parties who have served in the Senate, the House, as Governor, and State legislators; faith and civic and business leaders; rising generation leaders who are tired of our broken system; law professors, former U.S. and State Supreme Court Justices, experienced lawyers; and ordinary citizens.
Our strategy focuses on building deep, cross-partisan support in the States. We will then leverage that support to earn the required two-thirds vote in Congress and subsequent ratification in three-quarters of the States. To date, 22 States and nearly 1,000 cities, counties, and towns have enacted resolutions calling on Congress to propose the amendment and return it to the States for ratification.
American Promise seeks an experienced, strategic professional to serve as the State Campaign Manager for Wisconsin. As the State Campaign Manager, you will develop and drive strategy and communications to mobilize and organize public support among Wisconsinites, and then translate that public support into action by the state legislature in favor of the For Our Freedom Amendment. This will be a multi-year effort.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and exceptional communicator and advocate, brings strong relationships with grasstops leaders and elected officials and staff in Wisconsin, and has a passionate commitment to the mission, values, and objectives of American Promise.
This is an incredible opportunity to make history at a critical time for America.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a multi-year campaign plan to get the State of Wisconsin “ready to ratify” the For Our Freedom Amendment
- Formulate a budget for the state campaign and monitor compliance with it
- Oversee all campaign activities and expenditures, and support in-state fundraising efforts
- Ensure campaign’s compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Hire and supervise a Field Organizer and Coalitions Manager
- Determine and manage the allocation of campaign resources over multiple years
- Develop the overall strategy for deploying grasstops and grassroots volunteers
- Manage contracts and relationships with outside vendors and partners (e.g., communications, public affairs)
- Serve as a point of contact with legislators and their staff
Key Qualifications and Attributes
- A passionate commitment to the American Promise mission, goal, and values
- 8+ years of related, progressively responsible work experience
- Superb interpersonal skills, with a history of forging strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strategic planning skills, including an understanding of communications, political, and policy elements and the ability to develop multi-year plans
- Ability to track and report data in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner
- Experience with advocacy tools and technology (e.g., digital petitions, phonebanking tools, voter databases)
- Great organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent political acumen and judgment
- Track record of working successfully with elected officials, voters, and coalition partners from both political parties and differing ideologies
- Collaborative leadership style and commitment to teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambitious work environment
- Integrity, excellent judgment, leadership, adaptability, and reliability
- Access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and cell phone
- Willingness to work nights and weekends (as necessary)
Compensation and Benefits
- This position is paying $90,000 annually
- This position is full-time.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Health insurance (medical/dental/vision).
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax health and dependent care benefits.
- Paid 4 weeks vacation, 13 holidays, and personal/sick days.
- Passionate, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
American Promise staff are located all over the country. This position is in Wisconsin and it will involve a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter online at email@example.com. Please put State Campaign Manager-WI in the subject line. The cover letter should be concise and outline the specific ways you would be a good fit for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
American Promise celebrates the freedom and diversity of our nation. American Promise team members are service-oriented and have demonstrated experience in military, civic, or other forms of service to the country and our people. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect and share this vision.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org