The American Promise Candidate Pledge is a volunteer-led effort to get candidates and elected officials at all levels of government to pledge on the record that they will use their office to advance the For Our Freedom Amendment to put people, not money, in charge of our political system.
Check the database below to see which of your candidates and elected officials have signed the pledge. If you don’t see them, follow these steps to get them to sign!
- Use our guide to help you reach out to your candidate or elected official. You’ll find specific resources for effective outreach to conservatives and effective outreach to liberals
- Download and print the pledge
- Provide your candidate or elected official with this fact sheet
- Submit the signed pledge to American Promise via our online form
- Share your candidate or elected officials’ graphic to recognize them, raise awareness of the Pledge, and incentivize other candidates and elected officials to sign.
- Our team will keep track of and report on who has and hasn’t signed the pledge. We’ll then work to turn those pledges into action and leadership for this Constitutional Amendment to get big money out of politics and empower all Americans.
Polling shows that voters want candidates who will help fix our broken elections and return representation to the people, and we want to help spread the word that you are a reformer! Once you sign and return the pledge, we’ll create a promotable social media graphic for your use, and educate voters on your stance on the issue by promoting your signing via email, social media, and traditional media outlets.