Join our dynamic, growing team! Together we are inspiring, empowering, and uniting Americans across the political spectrum to build a healthy democracy and lasting American republic. Contribute your passion, skills, and experience to our historic effort to amend the US Constitution to ensure equal opportunity and representation for all American people, not just the wealthy few.
As a nation, we are at a crossroads. The impact of COVID-19 on Americans throws into stark relief our systems level failures and the need for large scale reform to give all Americans the right to be heard and represented, regardless of wealth. The recent spotlight on state-sanctioned violence against Black Americans highlights the path that civil society must take right now to end racism in our hearts, minds, communities, and institutions. As an organization, we are committed to achieving our vision while creating a more just and equitable reality in how we operate. Join us and rise to the challenge of creating a more perfect union.
Position: Business Network Manager
Reporting to: Dr. Jessica Hare, Empowerment Director
ABOUT AMERICAN PROMISE
We have a vision of a better America, where everyone’s voice counts. In our vision, every American gets an equal opportunity to shape the life they live; the economy is driven by businesses competing on a level playing field, based on the value they create in the marketplace; and the government is accountable to the people it serves.
We empower people in all 50 states to take action and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states and networks to ensure we pass this amendment. By working together—across party lines and town limits—we can realize our vision.
We seek a Business Network Manager who can build partnerships with established business groups and networks, and provide business leaders with the inspiration, and tools to advocate for the 28th Amendment.
The Business Network Manager is an exciting, highly visible role within the Empowerment Department. As a whole, the Empowerment Department exists to ensure every American who shares our vision can join our mission and take action to achieve our goal. As the Business Network Manager, you work directly with members of the business community, connecting them with information, resources, and activities to empower their advocacy. You create and deliver programming that brings business leaders together to advance the Amendment. Working collaboratively with all departments, you ensure programming enables business leaders to use their positions of influence to build awareness and political will with their peers and elected officials. Your work strengthens a culture of shared commitment, participation, and dedication to improving diverse, cross-partisan civic engagement. The position is full-time, 40-hours per week, with flexible hours. Travel within the US may be required 3-5 days per month.
- Engage and build relationships with business groups and networks through in person, virtual, phone, and email interactions, with the goal of developing and leveraging allyships for national and local communications, events, and actions
- Facilitate meetings, interview supporters, and moderate panels, enabling participants to strengthen and share their perspectives and motivations for advocating for the amendment
- Develop programming and resources for business leaders to become advocates who expand network membership, take on leadership roles, and collaborate to advance the amendment
- Lead events to build awareness about the effect of political spending on representation, policy, and business impacts/outcomes, and the role of an amendment in addressing the issues
- Analyze the effectiveness of business network programs against American Promise’s strategic goals and implement improvements
- Work with American Promise’s Political team to ensure network programming strengthens the connection of business leaders, groups, and networks with state legislatures, legislative and ballot initiatives, Congressional representatives, staff, and committees
- Collaborate with Communications staff to build awareness and feedback loops from network activity
- Ability to identify and create opportunities to connect networks and groups, and to adapt framing and terminology to each group
- Ability to speak clearly about the effect of political spending on our democracy and policies, especially as it relates to the economy, corporate practices, industry regulations, and the impact on American businesses, business leaders and employees
- Existing warm connections with the leaders and members of national and state-based business associations, groups, schools, and networks
- Cross-cultural competence and sensitivity, the ability to self-assess, and a sense of humor
- Public speaking skills, including moderating and facilitating conversations that inspire others to take action
- Experience with creating programming and facilitating meetings that connect and motivate people with different interests and skills to commit to action, collaboration, and leadership
- Demonstrated confidence for outreach to mid- and senior-level business executives and thought leaders
- Demonstrate commitment to the values of empowerment, positivity, courage, grit, respect, candor, and cross-partisanship
- Preferred: Is bilingual or multilingual with the ability to read, write, and speak in English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $65k, commensurate with experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Health insurance (medical)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax transit, health and dependent care benefits
- Paid weeks’ vacation (three after one year), 12 holidays, and personal/sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Passionate, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Dr. Jessica Hare at [email protected]
American Promise celebrates the diversity of our nation and seeks to build a team and a movement that reflects that diversity. We welcome all qualified applicants who share this vision. Applicants from marginalized and under-represented communities or applicants that speak another language in addition to English are strongly encouraged to apply.