AP Connect: Finding Common Ground
- This event has passed.
May 25, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
AP Connect: Connecting Around Common Ground and Collaborating Despite Our Differences
American Promise continues its series of conversations with top American leaders on May 25, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. Join us for a conversation moderated by American Promise President Jeff Clements on why now is the time for the American people to seize the moment to connect around common ground and collaborate despite our differences to build a better republic and future for all Americans.
What to expect:
- Learn about the progress of the nonpartisan Our Common Purpose Commission’s recommendations to save American democracy—including the For Our Freedom Amendment—over the past 24 months, and what’s coming ahead.
- Hear about the inspiring vision and plans for the powerful, cross-sector Partnership for American Democracy (PFAD) group, just after its launch event, Elections: A More Perfect Union.
- Get an insider look at Our Common Ground, a new book exploring why Trump voters and Biden voters have more in common than we may think, and how we can build on that common ground for transformation.
How to get involved:
- RSVP for the virtual event on Zoom.
- Invite your friends to join this important conversation.
- Take action to build our common ground and work toward a better future for all Americans.
- Danielle Allen, co-chair of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences Commission on the Practice of Democratic Citizenship;
- Diana Aviv, CEO of Partnership for American Democracy (PFAD), a powerful group of political, civic, business, and philanthropy leaders;
- and Diane Hessan, author and award-winning entrepreneur and innovator.
RSVP now for the May 25 event.
American Promise set out five years ago on our audacious mission to unite Americans, clean up our corrupt political system, and protect the free speech, votes and representation of all Americans with our For Our Freedom Amendment to the US Constitution.
We knew we couldn’t do it alone, and along the way we have been joined by powerful networks, partners and allies.
The cross-partisan, unifying, go-big, solutions-oriented movement that American Promise helped kick off five years ago is accelerating. The big opportunity and the enormous risks of inaction are significant. Don’t miss this American Promise Connect.
Event co-sponsors include: Partnership for American Democracy and American Academy of Arts & Sciences.