- This event has passed.
April 20 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Watch The Recording:
Register below to participate or follow along on Facebook Live! Click here to follow us on Facebook.
Join us April 20 for a conversation between U.S. Representative Jamie Raskin (MD-08) and AP Board Member and actress Debra Winger.
What to expect:
- Rep. Jaime Raskin will discuss his book Unthinkable: Trauma, Truth, and the Trials of American Democracy, describing the 45-day period in 2020 when he lost his son to suicide and, a week later, faced down an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol with his daughter by his side.
- He will share how these experiences have reinforced the need to protect our democracy through structural and civic healing and reform.
- He will publicly and frankly discuss how current crises are affecting the mental health of many Americans, especially young people.
How to get involved:
- RSVP for the virtual event on Zoom
- Invite your friends to join this important conversation
- Take action to address both of these national issues – steps will be suggested at the event
- Register below for the April 20th call!
While serving in Congress and representing Maryland’s 8th District, U.S. Rep. Raskin has been a leading advocate and sponsor of bipartisan legislation to address the biggest fundamental issue facing our democracy: big money in politics.
This April 20 AP Connect event will feature U.S. Rep. Raskin and Debra Winger, along with Dr. Jessica Hare, American Promise Vice President-Outreach; and Jeff Clements, American Promise President.
Event co-sponsors include Public Citizen, People for the American Way, The Brennan Center, and Fair Vote.