Finishing Strong: A Year-End Wrap Up Call Celebrating the Grassroots Wins of 2022
- This event has passed.
December 7, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
Join us for the final volunteer orientation of the year, and let’s raise a glass to the amazing successes of 2022, and brainstorm idea for how to take this energy and scale for success in 2023! We’ll do it a little differently this time and let YOU take the microphone and discuss what’s worked for you this year.
What to expect:
- Hear about some fantastic volunteer success stories
- Put your name in the hat for American Promise swag
- Get motivated and brainstorm for 2023!
Did somebody say swag?
American Promise has some cozy swag available for purchase on our online shop that’s perfect for showing your support during these cold winter months. Sipping hot chocolate while wearing an American Promise hoodie? Yes, please!
We’ll be giving away gift cards to our online shop to two lucky attendees, picked randomly from a virtual hat.
Let’s go 2022!
Despite the remnants of the pandemic, we have achieved great things across the country this year. Here’s just a taste of our #wins across the country this year – big and small:
- a massive and successful digital and political campaign in Pennsylvania including civic briefings, legislative actions and a fun “Freedom is Brewing” happy hour
- American Promise volunteers worked alongside our friends at Protect Maine Elections to collect over 70,000 signatures of Maine voters in support of a citizens’ ballot initiative
- New Jersey held 2 virtual candidate forums focused on the effects of big money on running a new political campaign. The first forum included a Democrat, a Republican, a Green Party candidate and a libertarian candidate. The second forum featured 3 conservative candidates who had engaged and signed our American Promise candidate pledge.
- convened the National Citizen Leadership Conference after a 3-year hiatus with 70+ CITIZEN lobby meetings – a huge success
- Virginia chapter is active and incredibly committed to growing awareness in their states through in-person and virtual events
- North Texas chapter filled a room with supporters to learn about the dangers of “pay to play politics” and how American Promise can fix it
- Wisconsin chapter continued their full-court press on community, business and political leaders to make America’s Dairyland an American Promise stronghold in the midwest
- California chapter worked on the candidate pledge program and also held successful fundraising events
- Wyoming American Promise volunteers worked diligently with the State Legislature and have made huge strides on the legislative side
- The Ohio, Michigan, Virginia, Maine and Minnesota teams have been giving presentations to Rotary Clubs to help spread awareness
- The Minnesota team had over 500 face-to-face conversations with their neighbors over a 5 day period and came away with over 10% of those folks signing up to meet with their legislator – join the call on Dec. 7 to learn how they did it!
And most importantly, we’ve welcomed new volunteers from all over the country – Missouri, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Maine, Virginia, Arizona, Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Illinois, Alaska – in just the last couple of months. Keep spreading the word – volunteering at American Promise is contagious!
Who is this event for?
This virtual event is open to all American Promise volunteers, or those interested in volunteering. You’re welcome to join and meet others, or just listen. If you’ve thought about getting involved, this is the perfect time to do it.