- This event has passed.
November 9, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST
Is our free-market business environment at risk due to money in politics? What can you do as a Virginia business owner? Join us for this webinar – Wednesday November 9, 2022 at 7:00 pm ET.
Organized by the VA Chapter of American Promise and the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce, this one-hour virtual program will examine the ways unlimited, unaccountable and concentrated money in our political system creates dysfunction and political polarization.
- review the issue of money in politics and discuss how it affects small and medium-sized businesses.
- identify policy options to address the issue, both federally through a Constitutional amendment and in Virginia, a state with some of the laxest campaign finance laws in the country.
- brainstorm on how individuals and businesses can take action to strengthen the free-enterprise economy, and make government more accountable to the people it serves.
- Patti Morrissey, leads Global Foresight Strategies and was a two-time candidate for the Va House of Delegates
- John P. McCrea, Mgr, American Promise National Business Network
- Nancy Morgan, Coordinator, Virginia Chapter of American Promise
- David Black, Retired President & CEO, Harrisburg, PA Regional Chamber & CREDC with expertise in economic development & politics
Join us and the experts for a timely discussion!