- This event has passed.
May 2, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+0
The Bar Association of San Francisco presents
Constitutional Law/Corporate Rights: What Clients Should Ask
Join American Promise President Jeff Clements, Business for American Promise, National Program Leader Elizabeth Doty and UCLA Constitutional Law Professor Adam Winkler in a discussion of the convergence of constitutional and corporate law. Discussion Topics will include:
- • What are the major milestones in the history of corporate constitutional rights?
- • What impacts have resulted from expanded corporate rights?
- • What business, reputational, and systemic risks do companies face as a result?
- • What are the major reforms being proposed?
- • What questions should corporate clients be asking as they consider proposed reforms?
Doors open for registration at 5:00pm.
Immediately following the seminar, join us for a reception generously sponsored by the American Constitution Society, Business for American Promise and Fenwick & West.
President, American Promise; Former Partner, Mintz Levin; Former Asst. Attorney General & Bureau Chief, Mass. Attorney General’s Office; Author, Corporations Are Not People: Reclaiming Democracy From Big Money & Global Corporations
Business for American Promise, National Program Leader
Former Lab Fellow, Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University
Author, The Compromise Trap: How to Thrive at Work without Selling your Soul
Professor of Constitutional Law, UCLA Law School
Author, We the Corporations: How American Businesses Won Their Civil Rights
Many thanks to our generous sponsors: Fenwick& West LLP, Business for American Promise and the American Constitution Society