Associate Development Director
American Promise is building a movement to allow Congress or the states to reasonably regulate and limit campaign contributions. Our national campaign is focused on “reducing money in politics” – now a top issue for almost all Americans, regardless of party or political preference. We empower people in all 50 states to connect, learn, act and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states, and networks.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of national projects: amending the US Constitution. Come make history with us!
The Associate Director, a newly created position on the Development Team, will report to the Development Director and play a key leadership role in the completion of the $20M Keep the Promise Campaign and the management of future fundraising campaigns to help achieve our organizational goals. This is a great opportunity for a fundraising professional who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and is passionate about our goals.
- In partnership with American Promise’s Development Director, execute the day-to-day activities associated with $20M Keep the Promise campaign.
- Provide the resources and information necessary to ensure American Promise’s Chief Executive Officer, Board members, Ambassadors and staff have what’s required for successful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the organization’s prospects and donors.
- Implement the campaign’s fundraising plan, tracking the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of campaign prospects and donors.
- Monitor and maintain campaign progress, reporting results to Development Director.
- Ensure follow up on all correspondence related to pledges.
- Strategize with leadership around optimal organization structure.
Ambassador Program Management
Ambassadors are major donors committed to the success of the campaign serving as the campaign’s committee, working to introduce members of their network to American Promise to learn about, financially support, and advocate for the organization.
In managing the Ambassador program, the Associate Development Director is expected to:
- Drive the expansion of the National Ambassador Program, a growing program of board / volunteer fundraising leaders focused on securing gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Execute the activities of the campaign’s Ambassadors, from prospect identification, prioritization, engagement and solicitation to event planning, 1:1 meetings, and follow-up required to convert interest to investment.
- Create successful and individualized solicitation strategies for Ambassadors; prepare profiles in advance of donor and prospect meetings; manage scheduling, follow-up, materials, direct questions, and suggestions for events.
- Follow-up with Ambassadors as required to help them fulfill their commitments to engage their networks.
- Identify individual and institutional funding prospects whose interests align with American Promise’s work.
- Develop cultivation strategies to engage prospects.
- Prepare prospect research reports to deepen staff and volunteer leadership’s knowledge of potential supporters.
- Track and maintain record of prospects in American Promise’s fundraising system.
Candidates should be highly organized, relationship-focused and adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. Candidates should be trustworthy and collaborative.
- A sincere commitment to and excitement for the American Promise mission, goal, and values
- 5 to 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in development and fundraising
- Demonstrated experience building productive relationships with high-net-worth donors
- Must be results oriented, with a proven track record of successful identification, cultivation, solicitation, and closure of 5-7 figure gifts
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals
- Strong communications skills, including organizational, conversational, presentation, and writing skills, with the ability to inspire hope and articulate the mission, goals, and progress of American Promise
- Ability to be a self-starter and initiator, working both independently and collaboratively on a team
- Strong computer skills; experience with Salesforce or comparable constituent relationship management software
- Able to travel for fundraising events up to 25% of the time and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Demonstrate and value integrity, reliability, sound judgment, maturity, a commitment to learning, and a sense of humor
Benefits / Perks:
- Paid 4 weeks’ vacation, 13 holidays, and personal/sick days.
- Health insurance (medical/dental/vision).
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax health and dependent care benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Passionate, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
- This position is remote.
The anticipated salary range for this position is between $100K and $140K, commensurate with experience.
American Promise celebrates the freedom and diversity of our nation. American Promise team members are service-oriented and have demonstrated experience in volunteer, civic, military, or other forms of service to the country and our people. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect and share this vision.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit hilbgroup.hire.trakstar.com.