Full Time salary range $55K-$65K
About American Promise
American Promise is leading a fast-growing, service-oriented national campaign to pass and ratify the For Our Freedom Amendment to the United States Constitution. The amendment is intended to repair the relationship between elected representatives and their constituents by empowering Congress and the States to reduce the influence of money in politics – now a top issue for nearly all Americans, regardless of party or political preference. American Promise is expanding its proven state-based strategy to unite Americans to solve this urgent crisis.
The For Our Freedom Amendment will:
- strengthen free speech rights for all Americans;
- protect elections from foreign influence and systemic corruption;
- restore the relationship of elected representatives to their constituents and the needs of their States and districts;
- strengthen federalism by enabling the States to decide what works best and;
- reverse the collapse in civic trust that is eroding our freedom.
Our staff, board, Advisory Council, thousands of supporters and millions of Americans who have participated in American Promise campaigns come from across the political spectrum. We are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents; Navy Admirals, Army Colonels, and combat veterans; experienced politicians from both major parties who have served in the Senate, the House, as Governor, and State legislators; faith and civic and business leaders; rising generation leaders who are tired of our broken system; law professors, former U.S. and State Supreme Court Justices, experienced lawyers; and ordinary citizens.
Our strategy focuses on building deep, cross-partisan support in the States. We will then leverage that support to earn the required two-thirds vote in Congress and subsequent ratification in three-quarters of the States. To date, 22 States and nearly 1,000 cities, counties, and towns have enacted resolutions calling on Congress to propose the amendment and return it to the States for ratification.
The Field Organizer is responsible for recruiting, training, creating engagement and mobilizing a broad, cross-partisan volunteer base in support of the For Our Freedom Amendment. These volunteers will be engaged in a multi-year effort. Effective organizer with exceptional communication skills, strong project management experience, and a passionate commitment to the mission, values, and objectives of American Promise.
This is an incredible opportunity to make history at a critical time for America.
Reports to: The State Manager of assigned area(s) Maine
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers for tabling, phone-banking, public education events, LTEs, legislative advocacy, and other civic actions set forth in the state strategic plan.
- Achieve metric goals on a consistent basis and work well under pressure.
- Build a robust field operation by developing volunteer leaders and regional teams around the state and maintaining a trusting relationship with volunteers.
- Develop a well-trained volunteer base with a solid working knowledge of theFor Our Freedom Amendment and our strategic plan to achieve its ratification,
- Collaborate with the State Campaign Manager and Coalitions Manager to implement campaign goals across the state.
- Plan, recruit for, and execute volunteer events across the assigned geographic area(s).
- Build beneficial networks and partnerships with other organizers and organizations throughout the assigned area(s) to grow awareness and support of the For Our Freedom Amendment.
- A passionate commitment to the American Promise mission, goal, and values
- Prior organizing experience and/or strong experience as a trainer/educator
- Experience with advocacy tools and technology (e.g., digital petitions, phone banking tools, voter databases)
- Ability to track, enter into a database, and report data in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner
- Great organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent political acumen and judgment
- Track record of working successfully with elected officials, voters, and coalition partners from differing political parties and ideologies
- Collaborative leadership style and commitment to teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask, creatively solve problems, and think on your feet
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Integrity, excellent judgment, positive attitude, leadership, adaptability, and reliability
- Access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and cell phone
- Willingness to work nights and weekends (as necessary)
- Capacity to think critically and strategically
- Ability to travel as needed and tolerate various indoor & outdoor climate conditions
- Ability to read, write and cross functionally communicate
- Mathematical competence
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment
Position is located in Maine involves a hybrid of in person and remote work.
Extensive Benefits Package includes:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- 4 Weeks Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick time
- Flexible spending account
- 401K Retirement Savings plan
- Flexible Scheduling
- Inclusive, motivated work culture
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org The cover letter should outline the specific ways you would be a good fit for this position.
American Promise celebrates the freedom and diversity of our nation. American Promise team members are service-oriented and have demonstrated experience in military, civic, or other forms of service to the country and our people. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect and share this vision.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law. AA/EOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com