Senior Digital Marketing Manager
American Promise is committed to building a movement to empower, inspire and organize Americans to win passage of a federal constitutional amendment to allow Congress or the states to reasonably regulate and limit campaign contributions.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of nation projects: amending the US Constitution.
The For our Freedom Amendment authorizes limits and regulation of money used to influence local, state, and/or federal elections. American PromiseunitesAmericans in advocacy for the Amendment to combat systemic corruption and protect our voice, votes, communities, and future.
We empower people in all 50 states to connect, learn, act and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states, and networks to ensure we pass this amendment. By working together- across party lines and city limits- we can make our belief a reality. We also lead and partner in specific state campaigns to advance our constitutional amendment: 22 states have taken formal action to support the amendment, with six winning state ballot initiatives among them.
American Promise is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to join our team as we scale our movement and reach millions of Americans, working within an overarching strategy that is driven by data and creativity. As part of the Digital Team, you will play an instrumental role in driving brand awareness, follower and donor growth, and nurturing a digital community that supports the For Our Freedom amendment. You will be responsible for the expansion and execution of a digital strategy across multiple platforms, ecosystems and technologies.
The position is full-time, 40-hours per week, with occasional nights and weekends. Some travel to various states occasionally expected for company retreats and conferences.
Key Position Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Digital Director and in collaboration with other digital and systems team members, you will:
- Design and execute highly effective digital marketing, mobilizing, and fundraising strategies to build awareness of American Promise and our goals, nationally and in assigned state campaigns, and convert that awareness into action
- Strategize with national and state political campaign staff and campaign partners to define and execute digital marketing and advertising campaigns that support the achievement of specific campaign goals
- Manage digital promotion, acquisition, engagement, and attendance at virtual and in-person events through the execution of marketing, advertising and mobilizing campaigns via social media, email, our website, and SMS
- Assist in the growth and cultivation of donors via digital marketing (fundraising)
- Collaborate and strategize on the creation of content for use on all digital platforms
- Ensure digital content of American Promise (including emails, blogs, social media content, advertisements, and website copy) meets high-quality standards and advances our strategies
- Help define and execute measurable KPIs and benchmarks for our marketing activities.
- You have 5-7+ years of experience in digital marketing; experience in a regional or national political campaign space is a plus.
- You’re a natural and compelling storyteller, and know how to express messages effectively in writing with humor and gravitas
- You have planned managed email marketing campaigns, including strategy, building and managing lists and segmentation
- You have a proven history developing and managing communications strategies effective at growing audiences and engagement for a brand.
- You have experience growing an audience on social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter
- You have an understanding of the importance of executing on-brand strategies, while leveraging analytics and balancing brand building to nurture a social media community.
- You bring excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- You’re passionate about all things Digital and Social and stay updated on the constantly changing digital marketing landscape, spot industry and cultural trends, and best practices, and make recommendations on how to stay abreast of trends in our work.
- You are a highly collaborative self-starter, who is excited to join a high-performing, small remote team.
- And … you’re tech as heck; what’s your martech stack?
Salary and Benefits
- $80,000 – $90,000, commensurate w/experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax transit, health and dependent care benefits
- Paid four weeks vacation, 13 holidays, and personal/sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Passionate, sociable, and inclusive work environment
Reporting to: Jere Halligan, Digital Director
Location: Remote, permanently
American Promise believes in the tapestry of humanity that is our nation. We strive to build a team that amplifies and celebrates the American experience. All applicants who believe in that same vision are welcome to apply.
American Promise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.