American Promise was launched with a commitment to bring together three essential elements to counter the damage to America caused by the concentrated political power of billionaires, global corporations, the biggest unions, special interests, and even foreign governments, spending money to dominate the debate and influence our election outcomes.
- First, we need a constitutional solution. America has to restore the Constitutional principle that every American has a free speech right, a right to be heard and represented.
- Second, we have a winning strategy and a dedicated organization that unites the country. An amendment to the U.S. constitution is one of the hardest things Americans do. It takes patience, consensus, and hard work.
- Third, we value honesty and transparency. Our plan requires commitment, resources, and the patience and grit to see it through. We disclose our donors. We talk straight and on the level. We are cross-partisan and take pride in that.
Americans love a big challenge when everything is on the line and only a mighty effort can save the day. And with this challenge, it’s the same: millions of Americans have responded—from every region, state, and background. Our progress so far has been beyond anyone’s wildest expectations.
We have a clear mission. We have a clear call to service. We have a clear opportunity to unite, heal, and renew our country. The time is now. Join us at American Promise.
American Promise is looking for a social media manager to own our organic social channels and develop an overarching strategy driven by data and creativity. As part of the Digital Team, you will play an instrumental role in driving brand awareness, follower growth, and growing a community for our Freedom amendment. You will be responsible for the development and execution of a social media strategy across multiple platforms, and drive what content we choose to share with our existing and growing customer base.
The position is full-time, 40-hours per week, with occasional nights and weekends. Some travel to various states occasionally expected for company retreats and conferences.
- Develop and execute organic social media presence across platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter, and others, to increase brand followers, and awareness, and drive engagement.
- Collaborate with team to drive social media engagement via partner channels
- Develop and roll out a strategy for American Promise influencers and social media ambassadors across the country
- Collaborate and work closely with Digital teammates to develop content that aligns with brand identity, calendars, goals, and budget.
- Plan, execute, and schedule monthly social media calendars including strategy, writing copy, and content for posts.
- Manage the day to day of organic social media including scheduling posts, community management, and social listening.
- Responsible for reporting and analytics for all organic social media initiatives.
- Collaborate with the content team and outside agencies when necessary for integrated paid social strategy
- Monitor trends in social media channels, tools, and metrics and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase social media effectiveness. Identify new, innovative campaigns and initiatives of key brand moments, events, and milestones
- Influence our efforts to improve the American Promise supporter experience through relevant and consistent messages
- Help define and execute measurable KPIs and benchmarks for each social media channel.
YOUR SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5+ years of experience in social media; experience in a regional or national political campaign space is a plus.
- Proven history of developing and managing organic social media to grow audiences and engagement for a brand.
- A deep understanding of social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, and Twitter Is required.
- Understanding the importance of executing on-brand strategies, while leveraging analytics and balancing brand building to nurture a social media community.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Passionate about all things Social. Remain informed on the constantly changing social media landscape, spot industry and cultural trends, and best practices, and make recommendations on how to stay abreast of trends in our work.
- Highly collaborative self-starter, who is excited to join a high-performing, small remote team.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate w/experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Health insurance (medical)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for pre-tax transit, health and dependent care benefits
- Paid two-week vacation (three after one year), 13 holidays, and personal/sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Passionate, sociable, and inclusive work environment
Please submit a cover letter and resume to our online application portal.
American Promise celebrates the diversity of our nation and seeks to build a team and a movement that reflects that diversity. We welcome all qualified applicants who share this vision. Applicants from marginalized and underrepresented communities or applicants that speak another language in addition to English are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOIN THE TEAM AT AMERICAN PROMISE
At American Promise, we believe that all people are created equal, that freedom is the unbreakable aspiration of humankind and each of us, and that responsibility for ensuring the conditions for the survival of equality and freedom, and for a thriving society, is ours and every American’s.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, courageous, adaptable, and fun. We love setting big goals and learning lessons on the way to achieving them. We celebrate our differences and work to ensure that our staff, donors, volunteers, and supporters reflect the tremendous diversity of the American people as we strive together on the most American of national projects: amending the US Constitution.
The For Our Freedom Amendment authorizes limits and regulation of money used to influence local, state, and/or federal elections. American Promise unites Americans in advocacy for the Amendment to combat systemic corruption and protect our voice, votes, communities, and future. We empower people in all 50 states to connect, learn, act and lead efforts to mobilize their districts, states, and networks to ensure we pass this amendment. By working together—across party lines and city limits—we can make our belief a reality. We also lead and partner in specific state campaigns to advance our constitutional amendment: 22 states have taken formal action to support the amendment, with six winning state ballot initiatives among them.
To apply for this job please visit americanpromise.applytojob.com.