This rising generation of young Americans is eager and ready to be a part of the solution to our broken democracy. This generation faces so many issues—among them crippling student loan debt, a broken healthcare system, the mounting consequences of climate change—and are ready to end this cycle of hardship by tackling the underlying cause of these issues: big money in politics.
United in vision, not party, we have the power to tell Congress to end the domination of big money in politics by signing the #causeofourtime Statement of Principle today!
Why sign? Our movement is successful when people like you spread the word and empower all citizens to fight corruption. Help us beat our goal of 10,000 pledge signers by 2020 by signing then sharing with your network of friends and family.
What happens next? American Promise will deliver your pledge to your congressional representatives to make your voice heard.
The current generation of young people is the largest in history, which means we have unprecedented power to use our voices to make change. Sign today!
- Everyone should have equal access to participate in government, not just the wealthy and powerful.
- In a government that’s representative of its citizens, not monied interests.
- Money is not speech, it’s power.
- Voting is powerful, not donating.
- Growing, unprecedented gun violence
- Crippling Student Loan Debt
- Skyrocketing health care costs
- Climate Catastrophe
- Unnecessary Wars
- Deepening of political, social and economic inequality
- Decreased direct access in political participation
Therefore, we are unified as a generation in our vision for a better America. We are committed to country, not party, in our mission to improve where our elders have failed us.
We therefore support a Constitutional amendment that would secure these rights and the American republic by enabling reasonable limits on political spending.
Sign the Statement: